More than 7,000 students have been inspired to take positive action in their family, school and community. Contact us to arrange a Learning Journey for your school, and harness the power of film in values education!
The Honour Learning Journey:
- Is a 1.5-hour programme for secondary schools that engages and inspires youth through the medium of film
- Features a slate of 4-5 selected Honour films, interspersed with segments of reflection and takeaways.
- Is facilitated by highly effective and school-seasoned trainers from Halogen Foundation
- Is highly rated by both students and educators alike, and proven to spark conversations and reflections on character, citizenship and values.
- Takes place in an auditorium setting at Ngee Ann Polytechnic (or another partner institution) that can accommodate up to 250 students, plus accompanying teachers.
Themes & Topics
The featured films are a mix of fictional short films and real-life documentaries, all of which exemplify the value of honour through traits such as:
- Hard Work
- Gratitude and Appreciation
- Perseverance in the face of adversity
- Commitment to be the best version of ourselves
- Sacrificing our own self-interest for the greater good
WHAT EDUCATORS SAY
The films were very good and we enjoyed watching them. They are very good CCE resources in helping us teachers inculcate values like perseverance, passion and care for the underprivileged. Once again, thank you for making such wonderful short films which really help us teach our kids about character education and values.Ms Sarah LahSubject Head, Student Leadership & Values-In-Action (Internal), Clementi Town Secondary School
It's a very good programme to teach our students the value of Honour. The students were engaged throughout the programme.Ms Chew Ting ChingHead of Department (Character & Citizenship Education), Assumption English School
We are glad to have the opportunity to expose our students to various forms of educational platforms that imbue values education in a non-didactic way. We are also glad to partner your organisation and Ngee Ann Polytechnic in this meaningful endeavour to honour the ‘Invisible People of Singapore’. Once again, thank you for the partnership opportunity!Ms Ng Sook KitPrincipal, Yuhua Secondary School
It was an afternoon well-spent as the films (and the facilitator) led us to think about how we honour our word, our community, our service staff, as well as our parents. Keep up the good work!Mr Alan LimVice-Principal, Fairfield Methodist School (Secondary)
WHAT STUDENTS SAY
- The programme is so interesting!
- Great and inspirational.
- Very meaningful.
- It speaks to the heart.
- It made me think about things I don’t normally think about.
- I realised many things which I didn’t in the past.
- It showed me the sacrifices our parents has made for us.
- It made me realise that I should honour my words and more things in life.
- The short film taught me not to look down on others and to do what is right.
- I can relate the stories to my everyday life.
- It made me see other people in a different view and realise that I have a lot of things to appreciate.
- All the short films and stories were very beneficial and have really impacted me.